From: “More 4Mann”
Date: Oct 10, 2013 11:28 PM
Subject: More4Mann Mural Project & Banner Drop Off this Saturday
THIS SATURDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2013 @ 9AM
THE AFRICATOWN CULTURAL INOVATION CENTER @ THE HORACE MAN SCHOOL ON 24TH AND CHERRY
Do you believe in justice and equality for all?
Do you believe in equitable education for all?
Do you want to see more effective education for all students in Seattle Public Schools?
So do we!
We are faced with a crisis in Seattle Public Schools! Black children and families across the district are not receiving the education and services they deserve. The opportunity gap continues to grow! Now is the time bridge the opportunity gap.
The More4Mann Campaign seeks to partner with Seattle Public Schools to assist in advancing the achievement of black children by decreasing and ending the opportunity gap.
We are actively providing culturally relevant education for black children and families.
The More4Mann Campaign is working to establish a the AfricaTown Cultural Innovation Center in the Horace Mann School on 24th & Cherry. The Central District of Seattle is an historically black neighborhood and Horace Mann is an historical landmark.
The More4Mann Campaign is working to further establish AfricaTown Cultural Innovation Center in the Horace Mann building on 24th & Cherry and WE NEED YOUR HELP.
We are still working with Seattle Public Schools to achieve an agreement that benefits both the district and the community. This plan will:
1) Provide AfricaTown with accessible and comparably affordable space until the completion of the renovation on the Horace Mann School.
2) Will provide future space and partnership in the Horace Mann School post the completion of the renovations.
3) Will be as community partnership that will assist the school district in achieving it’s goal of decreasing and ending the opportunity gap.
We are asking organization in support of the Campaign to:
1) Invite your constituents to the Mural Installation this Saturday, October 12th @ 9am. Seattle Public Schools invited us to design, paint and install murals at Horace Mann to beautify the space for renovation.
2) Send a member of your organization with a banner that has your name and/or Logo OR send members of your organization to the event to create a banner. These will be hung on the building as a public display of the organizations that are in support of the More4Mann campaign.
We will provide breakfast and family friend activities.
1) Art supplies
2) Paint & Spray
4) Ply wood
If you have questions please email us at:
Find the event on Facebook: