PO BOX 22328
Seattle, WA 98122
I’m Omari Tahir. Many of you have read about or seen me in the major European American settler media. I am an international socioeconomic cultural scientist specializing in the creation of non-violent just and equitable future for all children. I am a Seattle born and raised freedom fighter of Native American and African heritage.
Having lived in Asia, Africa and Europe, I have found that European settler colonialism was and is established and maintained with guns and government mob violence.
The use of terrorism and genocide to marginalize Native Americans, Africans and other people of color here in North America and South Africa must be peacefully corrected in order to create a just and equitable future. International law and the United Nations have established this violent European settler colonialism
Seattle and America needs to establish a “TRUTH COMMISSION” as was done in South Africa. This must be followed by establishing a form of governing based on ethnic “POWER SHARING” and not European settler majority rule.
As mayor I will:
1) See that New Football stadium is named the “KRISTOPHER KIME MEMORIAL STADIUM” so this young hero is never forgotten.
2) Reduce city staff by 25 % and put savings into youth and public safety programs that work such as the Nordic Heritage Museum, El Centro, Day Break Star and African American Heritage Museum and Cultural Center. You fight crime with culture not jails and more unproductive police.
3) Fight for the doubling of teachers salaries so they are comparable to private industry and police with only high school diplomas? Teachers are responsible for educating our future. We must make “CAREER BASED EDUCATION ” the center of our education policy and stop “racially profiling Black and White students. Neighborhood schools work best.
4) Hire new police chief that will ensure safety on Seattle streets and depoliticize police department. Police are to “serve and protect” everyone not just the makers and shakers.
5) Stop the ethnic cleansing of African Americans out of the Central Area (GENTRIFICATION).
6) Develop community forums to solve community problems. Communities must not be dominated by downtown developers and speculators.
7) Build monorail and re-vote light rail.
The above statement was written by the candidate, who is solely